Please read on for important information about future visits at Sunshrine
At Sunshrine your health and safety is our top priority. The following policies have been put in place in accordance with the requirements from our local public health authority. We understand that some of the new measures we are taking will mean that a visit to Sunshrine will look a little different right now. We are doing everything we can to ensure your experience is familiar and friendly.
*There will be a $5 Health & Safety fee attached to your bill to offset the costs we have incurred for sanitary supplies for each guest.
*NEW Policy Updates – November 20th, 2020*
The health of our staff and patrons is our top priority. We understand that you trust us to keep you safe during your visit. It is our duty to provide quality, personal service in a relaxing and safe environment and we take this responsibility very seriously as all businesses should.
Out of an abundance of caution we have made the decision to…
1. Temporarily suspend accepting new clients at this time.
2. Respectfully request that existing guests that reside in an area which is under provincial lockdown refrain from visiting us at this time.
3. Temporarily not allow walk-in requests. All salon, spa and tanning services will require an appointment arranged in advance by telephone or email.
4. Only allow guests with scheduled appointments to enter the building. No children, friends or additional company will be permitted. Children who are under the age of 12 and are visiting for a scheduled appointment may have one adult stay with them throughout the duration of their visit.
We have made these decisions as many of our existing guests and staff, or their close family members fall into the high risk category due to age or medical status. It is important that we keep our community safe.
We will continue to monitor the situation and in accordance with all government health guidelines, provide any updates to you as they are available.
Please do not come to the salon if you are…
- Experiencing new or worsening symptoms of COVID-19
- Should be self-isolating because you are awaiting test results or are being monitored for symptoms of COVID
- Have travelled anywhere out of Canada in the last 14 days
- Have had close contact with a confirmed or suspected case in the last 14 days
We would be happy to reschedule your appointment for a later date. We are temporarily waiving our cancellation fee for those who must cancelled due to concerns of COVID-19
Arriving to Sunshrine:
- All guests must wear a mask or covering which shields their mouth and nose completely. You are welcome to bring a mask with you, any type is fine. You will be required to wear this throughout the entire duration of your visit with us. If you do not have a mask we will provide you with a disposable mask for you to go home with. If you are unable to tolerate wearing a mask due to a medical issue you must inform us prior to your arrival. We are unable to accommodate guests who are unable to wear a mask during peak hours. In these cases a special arrangement will need to be made as per Peterborough Public Health guidelines.
- Please arrive alone to the salon, and do not bring children with you. Only guests who are receiving services will be permitted to enter the salon.
- Please do not bring outside food or drink with you to your appointment.
- Please only bring the necessities with you to your appointment (eg. a small purse)
During your Visit:
- All food and beverages have been discontinued temporarily.
- There will be no magazines or books available for use. Please feel free to bring a book or magazine along with you.
- We ask that you please refrain from touching items in our retail boutique. A staff member will be happy to assist you. Testers are unavailable temporarily.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for your use, please use frequently as needed
What Our Team Is Doing to Keep You Safe…
- All staff members will be wearing masks and/or face shields.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the salon for your use
- All staff will be sanitizing and washing hands frequently
- We have provided extra time for our service providers to properly sanitize your station prior to your arrival and at your departure
- Service providers will only be looking after one guest at a time
- All high touch areas including bathroom, door handles and payment terminals will be disinfected frequently throughout the day
- All staff members are health screened prior to beginning their shift each day including temperature check
- Any staff member that is feeling unwell will be absent from work
Forms of Payment:
- We encourage cashless transactions whenever possible including debit, MasterCard, VISA and AMEX
- Contacless tap payments are available up to $100
For the time being we will be unable to accept walk-in requests. We ask that you please phone ahead to the salon for any inquiries (705) 652 – 0155
Online Sales Continuing…
In an effort to promote physical distancing we will be continuing online sales of gift cards and products. We encourage you to use this system for your retail purchases when possible. We will provide curbside pick-up for these purchases. If you would prefer, we would happy to take orders over the phone for curbside pickup or pickup in the salon.
We are working diligently to accommodate all appointment requests and appreciate your patience and flexibility at this time. Your kindness and understanding is greatly appreciated.